Artsclamation! is a juried fine art sale featuring professional regional artists in all mediums. The event is located at the Lighthouse Knoxville with lake views and opportunities for artists to display outside if they so desire. The event begins on the evening of Friday, November 2, with an invitation-only gala preview party offering sumptuous hors d’oeuvres coupled with wine, spirits and eager collectors. On Saturday, November 3, the event is free and open to the public at large, always drawing a large turnout.
Artsclamation! is the primary fundraiser for Peninsula, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing mental health care to children, adolescents, and adults in East Tennessee. In addition to event sponsorships and other preview party ticket sales, a percentage of all artists’ sales will go directly to Peninsula. To learn more about the event, please go to www.peninsulabehavioralhealth.org/artsclamation.
The Exhibition Space
Approximately 35 artists will be selected to participate. The Lighthouse Knoxville is a beautiful venue with abundant room to offer maximum viewing of artists’ work. Each selected artist will be assigned a space with full display set-ups. Selected artists may deduct the initial $25 application fee from their display reservation fee of $100.
Two-dimensional artists: A display area using one side of three (3) linked peg-board panels will be provided. Each panel is 4′ wide and 8’ tall. Lighting and hooks will also be provided.
Three-dimensional artists: A designated floor space will be provided to create a display including one or two clothed table(s), 6 feet in length, to be used for building your display. Power will be available if you wish to bring lighting, or the event can provide a limited number of lights upon request. Outdoor space will be available for display if desired.
During load-in on Friday morning, November 2, and load out-on Saturday, November 3, after 5 p.m. numerous volunteers will be available to assist with set-up and break-down. Additional secure space will be provided to house extra artist inventory. As you sell pieces, you will be able to refill your display from the storage holding area.
Featured Artist for 2018 – The jury will select one artist for this honor. One piece chosen from their images submitted for consideration will be donated by the artist for auction at the Preview Party and featured extensively in event marketing materials. The featured artist will be provided a premier location and extra display space for the duration of the event, and will have their reservation fee waived.
“Art of Healing” Calendar – Each year, a calendar is produced that features images from 13 different artists represented at Artsclamation! Artists whose work is selected for the calendar will also receive a few calendars for their own distribution. Calendars are also sold at the event and used for various promotional and educational opportunities throughout the year.
Eligibility and Other Requirements
- All images submitted for jury consideration must be original works by submitting artist.
- If selected, original works of art need to be the primary focus of your display space. However, up to 15% of your inventory may be reproductions of your original pieces (prints, giclees, note cards, etc.).
- If selected, work brought for sale at the event must reflect the style/media of images submitted for jury. If work does not reflect images submitted, that artist will not be allowed to participate.
- Two-dimensional work must be either suitably framed or mounted and wired for display. Please note: As display panels are linked, 2-D work should not exceed approximately 44” in width. Three-dimensional work must be transportable by hand or handtruck dolly if needed.
- Exhibitors must participate during all times for both days of the event (Friday 6-9 p.m. preview party and Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. public sale). A completed application is a commitment to show. No refunds will be made 60 days prior to the event.
- Onsite security will be provided. The event will not be responsible in any way for theft or damage to the exhibit, equipment or any other property belonging to the artist or representatives of the artist participating in the event nor any theft or loss of the artist’s proceeds or receipts from participation in the event. Each individual must be entirely responsible for his/her own equipment, artwork, or property of any kind, and should plan accordingly to prevent any theft or disappearance of such during the event.
- Failure to abide by the rules and guidelines set forth herein may be grounds for removal from the event. No refund shall be provided for such removal.
Sales and Commission
Every effort will be made to promote sales. Sales are handled by the individual artist, with payment processed by Fort Sanders Foundation staff. A 30% commission will be retained from all sales (benefitting Peninsula). The artist is responsible for remitting applicable sales tax to the state of Tennessee Sales and Use Tax Department. The receipt of funds from sales, the retention of commissions, and the disbursement of monies to the artist will be handled by Fort Sanders Foundation.
Application is a 2-step online process. Interested artists should complete the online application below and attach artwork images as requested. The nonrefundable entry fee of $25 is payable via credit card either online (link below application form) or by phone.
Each artist must submit images of five (5) different pieces of work for consideration by the jury. All work submitted will be juried by digital image only.
Two-dimensional work should be represented by one digital image per piece.
Three-dimensional work may be represented by up to three separate digital images per piece if you wish (two full views and one detail view).
Submit digital images as JPG files with at least 300dpi resolution. Identify each image in the file name including artist name, a unique number and size (example: SallySmith1-10×12.jpg; SallySmith2-30×40.jpg).
Step 1: Submit Online Application
Step 2: Pay Application Fee
Once you’ve completed the form above, click here to pay your entry fee securely online or call (865)531-5210 to pay by phone.
Fort Sanders Foundation
280 Fort Sanders West Blvd., Bldg. 4, Suite 202
Knoxville, TN 37922
All artists will receive a confirmation of their received entry when it has been processed. All artists will be notified of their acceptance status by Friday, June 30, 2017.
Application, images and entry fee must be received by 11 p.m. on Monday, May 14, 2018.